Tuesday 19 March 2013

Whisky Box WIP

As a project in the graphic design program, we had to create an alcohol label. We also had to create a poster, as well as a package for the bottle(s). I decided to create a controversial whisky label called Molotov Cocktail. This is the label, and the ad.


 Now, between the poster and the label itself, I wanted to include an older look combined with a modern twist. As such, I decided to incorporate the two in the box design. But first, I had to create a dieline. I measured the dimensions of my bottle, and decided I would make an opening for the label to show through. This is my completely professional and accurate sketch.
I put architects to shame. Now using these dimensions I created a dieline for my box, but a mini version to make sure it works.


After this step, I realized I forgot tabs for the lid (hence why it won't close in the picture on the right), and made some modifications, this is the result.

(My tech teacher will kill me for not putting dotted lines where you
fold instead of cut, but that's our secret.)
Now I work on the graphics on the package itself. I came up with a few variations, as I got pretty conflicted at this point. I was debating whether to have a very contrasted package, or very similar. These were the rejects.

After a while, I decided that I wanted the box to be a continuation of the label, and stuck with the original colours. I then had a consult with my teacher for some type adjustments, and came up with the final composition.



This is the final result! 





No comments:

Post a Comment