Wednesday 20 March 2013

Strengths vs. Weaknesses

When we attended interviews for this program, we were all chosen based off of a few things:

1. Talent
2. Personality
3. Grade Point Average

My portfolio was dominantly illustration work, with there being little to no type at all. My illustrations were of many traditional and digital mediums, and as such I showed variety. However, when it comes to certain things I can't seem to get my mind around it. Type is one such example.


Anything type related always gets the better of me. Choosing fonts, kerning, and layout always seem to take me the longest to iron out. I can't wrap my mind around it. I try to focus more on that aspect of my work now, as it is something I have to give strict attention, lest I forget something very important. However, I learn a great deal from others in my class who are more dominant in that area, and the dynamic of the class allows us to learn from each other as well as from teachers and books.


No comments:

Post a Comment