Thursday 18 October 2012

Proposal for the Future

You know those annoying youtube ads that come up when you go to listen to your favourite song? I'm sick and tired of hearing the same stupid ads on youtube all the time, and they're not even that good. They're not intuitive, funny, clever or good in any way. I am more likely to not buy a product simply because that stupid commercial interrupted my video.

This may be roughly what you're thinking.

Yes, I am aware that designers make the banners on the side of the VEVO videos, and the brands for the commercials, which is what we get paid to do. I understand. But the marketers must also take into consideration the fact that people don't want to see these ads. Actually, no one ever wants to see ads. The moment that 4 seconds is up where I can click "skip Now", I do, faster than the freaking Flash. Those commercials that go on for a minute and a half in the middle of my video? Muted, and minimized until it's done. These advertisements are actually doing the reverse of what they are supposed to do. Advertisements are on TV, on signs and billboards, etc. They are already thrown in our face enough as it is. We don't need these ads proactively getting in our face on a daily basis. 

Have you ever got deja deja deja deja deja vu? Ya, everytime I see this stupid commercial.



No comments:

Post a Comment