Thursday 29 November 2012

Overkill

We often discuss the issues of packaging in class, but rarely do I actually pay attention to it outside of class, unless I really like it. We also talk about how sometimes, the graphic aspect of it can be too much, and therefore not sell product. I believe I have found one such example. The brand is Ice cream hair products, you can find them at any Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada. I didn't even know what it was, except it was in the haircare aisle, so it was some indication. The difference between the types are measured in ph levels. I don't know about you, but I have no idea how that affects my hair, or even how to determine your "hair ph level." The colouring creams were all red, regardless of what colour they were. Were it not for the colour samplings underneath, it could have been anything! The aesthetic was interesting enough, but it looked like they focused more on how it looked than what the product actually was.

I also assume it's not very successful because I couldn't find a single picture to put in this blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment